The Learning Assistance Center has 70 computer workstations, printers, scanners, DSP&S accessible stations and headphones available to all registered ELAC students. All computers in the lab are connected to high speed internet.
Using CAI Lab Services and Equipment
To check-out a computer or materials, have your student I.D. card ready, and check in with a CAI-Lab assistant at the front desk. You will be assigned a specific computer station with a number or letter.
Login using your student I.D. number, and your password which consists of the word “ELAC” followed by your month and day of birth. (Ex. “Elac0101”).
Read posted rules carefully. The computer lab is for academic, not recreational purposes. Students without academic work to do will be asked to surrender their workstation to students who need to produce term papers or do research on the Internet.
Services Provided in the CAI Lab
CAI-Lab Assistants are ready to help you when you need it. CAI-Lab assistants can help you with the following:
- Format your essays and research papers using Microsoft Word
- Internet and Electronic Database Research
- Save and print documents
- Access student email Access learning platforms such as CANVAS and ACE portal
- Scan documents
Equipment in the CAI Lab
In addition to the computer stations, the following equipment are provided to all ELAC students signed into the CAI Lab:
- Printing through the ELAC Go-Print System
- Two Handicap-Accessible computer workstation.
- Video Monitors
Software in the CAI Lab
Installed on each computer are the following programs:
- Adobe CS2
- Office 2013
- Tutorial Software: PLATO is available for Life Science, Chemistry, Earth Science, Mathematics, Language Arts, and much more.
- Nutrition (Diet Analysis)